Change the workspace background colour in Photoshop
Ok, I don’t know how useful this is but I just found out how to change the background colour of the workspace in Photoshop. I could only change the background of an open image, not the overall workspace background.
- Ensure you have an image open in Photoshop
- Choose the paint bucket tool
- Set the foreground colour to one of your liking
- Hold down shift while left clicking in the workspace area surrounding your open image
- This should fill the workspace with your selected colour
All future images will use this workspace colour.
Keep in mind that grey (RGB 128:128:128) is the best colour to use as it is least likely to affect the appearance of the colours within your image. I am using Photoshop 7.0.